Aloe Vera is one of the most efficient and easily available herbal plant. It is definitely a magical herb because of its numerous medicinal properties and richness of goodness. This write up gives you an overview of a few smart ways to incorporate aloe vera in your skin care routine.
1. Makeup Remover
Add few dops of glycerine with aloe vera gel, dab it on a cotton pad and use to remove makeup. This is a boon to all oily to combination skinned beauties as aloe vera removes excess oil and prevents pimples.
Mix aloe vera gel and gram flour into a thick paste and apply on your face. Massage it and wash it off with water.
Apply a mixture of aloe vera gel and granuled sugar on your face. Scrub them for about 3 minutes.
4. Lip Pigmentation
Aloe vera gel can work wonders on lip pigmentation. Mix it with honey and apply on your lips for soft, moisturized and pink lips.
5. Dark Circles
Mix green tea with aloe vera gel and dip two round cotton pads. Leave them to cool in the fridge. Place the cotton pads on your eyes for about half an hour regularly.
Apply a mixture of aloe vera gel and sandal wood powder on your face and wash it off once it gets dried. This mixture cools down your body and soothes pimples.
7. Neck Pigmentation
Mix equal parts of lemon juice and aloe vera gel and apply on your pigmented neck or elbows. Wash it off after 15 minutes.
Hope you liked these smart ways to use aloe vera gel in your skin care routine. Leave your feedback on the comments section below.
For regular updates, follow me on
Nykaa which is an online shopping portal introduced their own line of nail colors a while back. It was an instant hit and they have added matte nail colors to their collection. They recently launched their matte lipsticks which took the beauty circle by storm. So today I’m going to review the new Nykaa So Matte! Lipsticks.
Nykaa So Matte! Lipsticks come in 12 shades – 6 pinks, 2 nudes, 1 orange, 1 red, 1 plum and 1 wine. As I’m a warm skin toned person, I picked up the orange shade 08 M – Orange Vice. This is a beautiful warm orange shade which will definitely compliment warm skin toned beauties.
Price & Quantity
It is priced at Rs. 399 for 4.2 gms of product.
The outer packaging of the lipstick is a cardboard box which has orange and pink ombre shades. The lipstick comes in a matte black sturdy rectangular packaging which is so classy and looks expensive. The icing on the cake is the magnetic closure which protects the lipstick from damages.
The Orange Vice shade is a beautiful warm toned orange and is highly pigmented. One swipe would do the magic. You can build the color with extra swipes according to your wish. Swipe it once or twice or daily wear and a few more swipes will be apt for parties and weddings.
The lipstick claims to be ‘so matte’ but it isn’t. This is a creamy matte lipstick which will not dry your lips and keeps it moisturized throughout the day as it is Vitamin – E enriched. As it is creamy in texture, it isn't transfer free. Blotting a tissue on the lipstick will make it matte.
The staying power of this lipstick is quite decent. I applied this lipstick and blotted with a tissue and reapplied again (like I would do for any lipstick). It stayed for 5+ hours which included having lunch and snacks too. After lunch, the shade mildly faded away but I didn’t have to reapply it.
My Final Thoughts
Nykaa has certainly done a great job in introducing high quality lipsticks at affordable prices. Considering its pigmentation and staying power, it is a good choice for daily and office wear. I wish Nykaa introduces a few more shades too. This lipstick gets a big thumbs up from me and I’d recommend to you all too.
For regular updates, follow me on
Hope you are all geared up for Diwali. I’ll be sharing my makeup look with glitter eyes and two lip color options for Diwali. Glitter eyes are so much on trend now and the two lip color options help you to experiment.
1. Start by applying lacto calamine which acts as a primer and helps the makeup to stay long.
2. Apply any long lasting yet light weight foundation on your face and neck. Apply a concealer to cover dark circles and blemishes. Set it with a loose powder or a compact powder.
3. Apply a kajal on your waterline and dab a skin colored eyeshadow to prime your eyelids.
4. Apply gold color eyeshadow on the eyelids and blend a copper shade from the outer corners. Darken the copper shade by applying a coat of dark brown eyeshadow. Make sure it stays only on the outer corner of your eyes.
5. Apply a thin line with the golden glitters on the eyelids by holding a tissue under your eyes. This will avoid the glitter fall outs from messing up the base makeup.
6. Add a coat of mascara for thick eye lashes.
7. For contouring the face, make a fish face and apply a brown shade on the hollows of your cheeks and blend it.
8. Apply a blush above the contoured area and the apples of the cheeks for a naturally flushed look.
9. Apply a highlighter on the high points of your face such as the cheekbones, nose, chin and forehead. Blend it all super well.
10. For the first look, apply a red or maroon lipstick. For the second bold look, apply a wine shaded lipstick. Dab it gently with a tissue and apply another layer to make your lipstick long lasting and matte.
Diwali is here and we all want to have glowing skin and silky hair. But if you don’t have enough time for a parlor visit, you can indulge in a spa like experience at home. Yes, you heard that right!
In this blog, I’ll be sharing a homemade hair mask and a face pack which will make rejuvenate your hair and skin. Homemade masks are easier to make because you control the list of ingredients and is way less expensive than parlor appointments.
Method of preparation
Mix these 3 ingredients together in a blender till they become a paste. Apply it on your hair with a brush and massage it with your fingers for 2 to 3 minutes. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash it off with a mild shampoo or shikkai powder.
This mask acts a conditioner which improves your hair texture resulting in it silky and soft hair.
Method of preparation
Make a paste of these 5 ingredients and apply it on your face and neck. Leave it till it get dries. Wash it off with normal water.
This face mask removes dead cells from your skin and makes your skin look fresh. It also improves your complexion by removing sun tan, thus giving a natural glow to your skin.
Hope you are all getting ready for this upcoming festive season. New dresses, decorations, yummy food and fireworks excite us. Don’t they? But what about animals? Do they feel equally excited as us? I don’t think so. Because they are AFRAID of fireworks as their hearing capability is more than humans and can sense the slightest noise. Boom!
My dog is usually brave but I get to see her other side during festive season. Whenever she hears the sound of crackers, she starts shivering. Yes, you heard that right. Her feet sweats, leaving foot marks on the floor. If she is outside while she hears crackers, she becomes restless and runs away to hide herself. My cat, who keeps bossing my dog is also afraid of crackers. She hides under the bed or runs out.
Am sure pet parents would be familiar with such incidents and would agree with me. We can’t stop our neighbors from bursting crackers. But we can take possible measures to keep our pets safe. Today’s blog is about tackling our pets during festive season.
1. Keep your pets inside the house. If you are habitual to leave your dogs outside, please take them inside your house.
2. Close all the windows and doors.
3. Play loud music or switch on the TV.
4. Accompany your pets as they would feel safe being with you.
5. Wear mufflers on your dog’s ears.
6. Leash your pets during the festive season as it would be easier to catch them if they try to run.
7. Dogs and cats tend to run on the roads during crackers. So be careful while you drive.
8. If you find any hurt or lost animal, inform your nearest animal help center.
9. Before starting your car, make sure to check below your car for any dogs or cats.
10. If you spot sadists bullying or tying crackers to dogs or cats, make sure to warn them or inform your nearest animal help center.
This week’s recipe is an easy to cook yet very tasty – Mango Chutney. This is a treat to all mango lovers. This can be combined with rice or chapati. Let’s have a look at the recipe.
Cooking time – 15 to 20 minutes
Mango – 2
Gingely oil – 50 gms
Chilli powder – 2 to 3 tsp
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
Ginger & garlic paste – 2 tsp
Asafoetida – 1 pinch
Method of Preparation
Hope you all liked it. Do share your feedback on the comments section below. Happy weekend!
Hope you are all doing good. I’m a loyal user of coconut oil and depend on it for anything and everything. Lately I’ve been in love with another oil – Almond oil. After a visit to the beach, my hair was frizzy and sticky. As my coconut oil was over, I applied almond oil and shampooed my hair. My hair became soft and silky like never before. It also felt strong and the texture had improved. That’s when I fell in love with almond oil.
Top 10 benefits of almond oil
Today’s makeup tutorial is going to be about black smokey eyes. Smokey eyes are my favourite as they can be sported to weddings or parties in different ways. It gives a bold look to any avatar. It may look complicated to try on but it is easier once you practice it. Let’s have a look at how smokey eyes can be achieved in 3 simple steps.
Gel Eye Liner
Black Eye Shadow
Draw a thick line with a black gel eyeliner on your eye lids.
Smudge it off slightly using a brush. Be sure not to overdo it.
Apply black eye shadow and blend it with the eye liner. Make sure it doesn’t go up your natural crease line to avoid panda eyes.
To intensify the look, apply the black eye shadow below the water line. You can also apply kajal and mascara to make the look bolder.