Hope you are all getting ready for this upcoming festive season. New dresses, decorations, yummy food and fireworks excite us. Don’t they? But what about animals? Do they feel equally excited as us? I don’t think so. Because they are AFRAID of fireworks as their hearing capability is more than humans and can sense the slightest noise. Boom!
My dog is usually brave but I get to see her other side during festive season. Whenever she hears the sound of crackers, she starts shivering. Yes, you heard that right. Her feet sweats, leaving foot marks on the floor. If she is outside while she hears crackers, she becomes restless and runs away to hide herself. My cat, who keeps bossing my dog is also afraid of crackers. She hides under the bed or runs out.
Am sure pet parents would be familiar with such incidents and would agree with me. We can’t stop our neighbors from bursting crackers. But we can take possible measures to keep our pets safe. Today’s blog is about tackling our pets during festive season.
1. Keep your pets inside the house. If you are habitual to leave your dogs outside, please take them inside your house.
2. Close all the windows and doors.
3. Play loud music or switch on the TV.
4. Accompany your pets as they would feel safe being with you.
5. Wear mufflers on your dog’s ears.
6. Leash your pets during the festive season as it would be easier to catch them if they try to run.
7. Dogs and cats tend to run on the roads during crackers. So be careful while you drive.
8. If you find any hurt or lost animal, inform your nearest animal help center.
9. Before starting your car, make sure to check below your car for any dogs or cats.
10. If you spot sadists bullying or tying crackers to dogs or cats, make sure to warn them or inform your nearest animal help center.